Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Pixie bix on my awesome 2nd sweater.



This is my wee pixie bix (beeks.) She loves knitted garments and is imho terribly photogenic. She is also the sweetest kitty evar! Oh yeah, there's a black cotton sweater with brown highlights ala Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears.

Zimmerman has a really well adjusted approach to knitting patterns that is designed to allow the knitter to customize any pattern to their own particular desires. Instead of giving you numbers of stitches to cast on for every gauge, she tells you to measure your body and knit a gauge swatch and then do the math. I have made 3 sweaters based on her seamless raglan sweater and I have added my own decorative and functional accents with each one. I highly recommend this book for people who hate following line by line instructions.

No comments: